Wednesday, May 7

Ridiculous

Tuesday night was my first night shift of the summer at the hospital. I have to work nights while I'm taking a summer class, which, thankfully, will only last for a month. Unfortunately, I had class Tuesday morning and desperately needed to pack my things. However, I have made the mistake in the past of only sleeping for an hour before going in to work for 12 hours, and I did not want to repeat that mistake. So, Tuesday afternoon I crawled in bed, or what was left of it, and attempted to sleep.

Sleep was in an elusive mood and wished to play hide and seek with me. Perhaps it didn't help that I couldn't make my mind stop thinking about everything that I needed to take care of in the next few days. In any case, sleep was not to be found. I also discovered that I become more popular when I try to sleep during the day-- more people call me at these times than any other it seems. My mother made an interesting hypothesis that from now on, when I want to talk to people, I should just try to go to sleep. :) Wonder if that would work?

Anyway, I got sidetracked. On to the ridiculousness. When I finally was able to fall into a light sleep, I had an odd dream. Somehow I was on a ferris wheel, and there were a few other people I know on it in separate little seats. We were going around, and I got to the top, and it stopped. You know how that happens sometimes? The ride stops just as you're at the top, and you can peer over the handlebar and see... well, the world from very high up. Then the ride began to move again, and I was making my descent. Oddly enough, I could feel the fluttery feeling you get in your stomach when motion plays with your senses. AND IT WOKE ME UP!

I was slightly perturbed at the ridiculousness of myself and my intense involvement in my own dreams. Especially because I had only been sleeping for about 20 minutes. *Sigh* Then I had to attempt to get back to sleep. Sadly, I only ended up getting about 2 hours of sleep before going in to work. But this story will be continued in my next post..

No comments: